Acne & Acupuncture – Natural Skin Treatment
Meridian Health Clinic specializes in changing the course of persistent skin problems, including acne. If you’re tired of using drugstore potions to clear your skin, Chinese medicine acne treatment may be for you. While western medicine seeks to suppress symptoms in order to alleviate the problem, Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) looks to determine the underlying causes and treat the health of the whole person.
In the specific case of acne, TCM generally determines that acne is caused by a accumulation of “Heat and Damp Heat” in the digestive organs and in the blood level. This heat may originate from many sources, including poor diet, stress, excessive working, constitutional factors, and family history. Extreme emotions are another possible cause of acne.
While surface-level “spa treatments” can give a temporary improvement in the appearance of your skin, our treatment methods will produce lasting results because they target the “root cause” of the condition. The power of Traditional Chinese Medicine is that it creates change from within the body; when the body is working well internally, the skin will be radiant and beautiful externally.
Well-trained, highly-skilled practitioners are the key to success at Meridian Health Clinic. Eric Schmidt, L.Ac. has worked for years in the field and has completed extensive training in the Dermatology Department of a Chinese Medicine University in China. He has treated numerous dermatology cases with great success where conventional Western medicine failed to provide a cure or solution.
Our Treatment Plan:
Individualized treatments plan focus on balancing your body system from inside and controlling the symptoms from outside to improve you skin naturally, without unwanted side-effects.
1. Healing from inside: Chinese Herbal Medicine is prescribed to clear the toxins inside your body and get rid of the symptoms manifesting on the skin. Medicine is generally given in pill or powder form so that it is convenient to take yet very effective. Herbal Medicine addresses the root of the problem.
2. Healing from inside – Part 2: Acupuncture is given 1-2 times each week to further balance the body and return your skin to its natural beauty faster. This treatment also addresses the root of the problem.
3. Control from outside: The consultation will include a discussion about products which can be used externally to help the healing process. Many major drugstore products do more harm than good when it comes to treating acne. Although external treatment addresses the symptom of the problem, it is never-the-less important to use proper external treatments to get a full healing.
4. Diet restriction: To avoid further aggravating your skin condition, you may need to eliminate certain foods which could generate toxins inside your body. Some of these foods include alcohol, coffee, spicy food, fried foods, dairy products, nuts, and seafood (shellfish).
5. Stress management: Lastly, we will work with you to develop a lifestyle plan to reduce your stress level and balance you life. Generally the plan includes moderate exercise, breathing practices and advice on how to get better sleep and rest.
In most cases, you will see results in 2 weeks. For moderate to severe cases, the treatment may take longer to have significant improvement.
If you are interested in learning more about Chinese Medicine and how it works with skin disorders, please read our page on Skin Health and Dermatology.
Get started with a consultation today: