Rosacea & Couperouse Skin
Our acupuncture clinic specializes in treating and resolving chronic skin conditions including Rosacea. Rosacea is characterized as a chronic skin condition involving an often reddish inflammation of the skin on the cheeks and sometimes effecting the chin, nose, and forehead. Rosacea cases can also be “couperose”, however in contrast with rosacea there is often an acne-like appearance of bumps on the skin. Often classified as a separate condition, Couperouse skin has a red appearance with visible broken capillaries. In this case the skin often feels tight and irritated and is usually seen with a flushed look.
For either condition, we provide effective and lasting solutions, using proven and methods to bring your skin and immune system back to full health. Unlike superficial treatments, our methods produce lasting results because they target the root cause of the condition. Often, rosacea is a result of digestive imbalance or infection being expressed as inflammation in the skin and capillaries of the face. Traditional Chinese Medicine creates change from within the body, strengthening the digestion, clearing any infections and rebalancing the intestinal flora. When the digestive process and liver are detoxifying optimally, the skin will be healthy and rosacea will resolve naturally. Our well-trained, highly-skilled practitioners are the key to success at Meridian Health Clinic.
Our Treatment Plan:
Individualized treatments plan focus on balancing your body system from inside and controlling the symptoms from outside to improve you skin naturally, without unwanted side-effects.
1. Healing from inside: Chinese Herbal Medicine is prescribed to clear the toxins inside your body and get rid of the symptoms manifesting on the skin. Medicine is generally given in pill or powder form so that it is convenient to take yet very effective. Herbal Medicine addresses the root of the problem.
2. Healing from inside – Part 2: Acupuncture is given 1-2 times each week to further balance the body and return your skin to its natural beauty faster. This treatment also addresses the root of the problem.
3. Control from outside: The consultation will include a discussion about products which can be used externally to help the healing process. This treatment addresses the symptom of the problem.
4. Diet restriction: To avoid further aggravating your skin condition, you may need to eliminate certain foods which could generate toxins inside your body. Some of these foods include alcohol, coffee, spicy food, fried foods, dairy products, nuts, and seafood (shellfish).
5. Stress management: Lastly, we will work with you to develop a lifestyle plan to reduce your stress level and balance you life. Generally the plan includes moderate exercise, breathing practices and advice on how to get better sleep and rest.
In most cases, you will see results in 2-4 weeks of consistent treatment. For moderate to severe cases, the treatment may take longer to have significant improvement.
If you are interested in learning more about Chinese Medicine and how it approaches skin disorders, please read here.
Get started with a consultation today: