Hair Loss and Hair Renewal Treatment
Meridian Health Clinic specializes in reversing women’s hair loss. We provide powerful, holistic and cost-effective treatment for hair conditions including:
- Stress-related hair loss
- Hormone-related hair loss
- Female pattern baldness
- Premature greying of hair
- Scalp disorders
We use proven and effective methods to bring your healthy hair back.
While some external products can give temporary improvement in the appearance of your hair, our treatment methods will produce lasting results because they target the “root cause” of the condition. The power of Traditional Chinese Medicine is that it creates change from within the body; when the body’s organs are working well internally, radiant and beautiful hair will naturally result.
Well-trained & experienced practitioners are the key to success at Meridian Health Clinic. Eric Schmidt, L.Ac. has worked for years in the field and has completed extensive training in the Dermatology Department of a Chinese Medicine University in China. He has treated numerous hair and dermatology cases with great success where conventional Western medicine failed to provide a cure or solution.
Our Treatment Plan:
An individualized treatment plan will focus on balancing and strengthening the body from inside to improve you hair naturally, without unwanted side-effects.
1. Healing from inside: Chinese Herbal Medicine is prescribed to nourish the hair follicles and clear any skin symptoms manifesting on the scalp. Medicine is generally given in powder form so that it is convenient to take yet very effective. Herbal Medicine is carefully formulated (customized) for each individual to address the root of the problem.
2. Healing from inside – Part 2: Acupuncture is given 1 time each week to further balance the body, relieve excessive stress on the nervous system and return your hair to its natural beauty faster. Like herbal medicine, acupuncture treatment also addresses the root of the problem.
3. Control from outside: The consultation will include a discussion about products which can be used externally to help the process of hair revitalization. This treatment addresses the symptom of the problem.
4. Diet restriction: To avoid further aggravating your hair condition, you may need to eliminate or reduce certain foods which could generate toxins inside your body. Some of these foods may include alcohol, coffee, spicy food, fried foods, dairy products, nuts, and shellfish.
5. Stress management: Lastly, we will work with you to develop a lifestyle plan to reduce your stress level and balance you life. Generally the plan includes moderate exercise, breathing practices and advice on how to get better sleep and rest.
In most cases, you will see results in 1-2 months. For moderate to severe cases, the treatment may take longer to have significant improvement.
Get started with a consultation today:
If you are interested in learning more about Chinese Medicine and how it works with hair loss, please read on:
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) hair loss or premature gray hair often reflects an underlying problem in the body. Hair, according to TCM, reflects the quality of blood and the strength of the kidneys. Keeping hair healthy for a lifetime is generally a balance between eating the right foods, sleeping well and keeping stress in check. Some foods that strengthen the blood and kidneys to nourish hair are: black sesame seeds, hijiki seaweed, black beans, mulberry fruit, Chinese dates and royal jelly.In addition to food sources, Chinese herbs have a long history of rejuvenating hair. One such herb called “He shou wu” (Polygonum multiflorum) can be used long-term to strengthen and re-grow hair. The literal translation of the name he shu wu is “black-haired Mr. He” refering to the Chinese legend where Mr. He returned from living in the woods for some time, and his grey hair had turned to black. As it turned out, Mr. He had been consuming this herb to survive. There are quite a few additional herbs that encourage hair growth, but “he shou wu” is the best know herb to restore hair color and nourish the skin, hair, teeth and nails.
As with most conditions in TCM, Chinese herbal medicine is best applied while considering the person’s constitutional pattern. By addressing a person’s underlying constitution, the effects of any herbs or dietary change will be greatly increased.